“Connect everyone in the world through the ‘things’ they find interesting”. This is the Pinterest’s reason to believe.
Trend Analysts, Strategic Planner, Trends Coordinator always find many interesting things. Pinterest will help to connect all these things together.
Since the beginning of the year, Pinterest attraction increased on the Social Media, more and more people are talking about it. This social image bookmarking website has been launched in 2009, and so far, reached a niche market audience, mostly women, entrepreneur, who like DIY products.
Pinterest allows you to create a mood-board categorised by taste and by the things you like. Wedding, Fashion, Recipes,Travel, Deco are the most popular themes. People are using the website to plan or to find inspiration for important moments of their life.
As an Advertising and Trend addict, I have directly seen the value for brands and Trend Analysts:
- Create a Mood-Board which will illustrate a Brand Identity, a Consumer Profile, or a Fashion trend forecast .
- Pin pictures about interesting things while browsing the web and making trends research. That will generate a visual result of all researches made, and then come up with the Big Trend.
- Bookmark all the advertising campaigns categorised by domain in order to have a global view of the creative evolution within the sector.
- Search for a brand in the searchbar, and see the brand style or personnality on the board. I tried with Coca-Cola
- Summarise an event with all the best moments, the people, the products.
So many creative things can be done on Pinterest.
Some brands noticed that many of their clients come from Pinterest, so they set-up a profile which broadcast their products, and help promote their brand awareness, and provide more branded content.
I am already a Fan of Pinterest, and asked for my invitation to join the community! 🙂